Tuesday, December 7, 2010

¡Yo crecen los Jalapeños!

I Grow Jalapeños!
     This past spring, I bought a Jalapeño seedling.  It looked pretty healthy, but very small and pitiful.  I dug a large hole, filled with with mulch, sand, and homemade, coffee grounds fertilizer, for a realistic, Central-American soil.  I planted the seedling, and kept it watered.  about half way through the summer, I forgot about it.  Near the end of August I walked by it and noticed it was around five times the size it had been upon planting.  I was also surprised to see it covered in blossoms and boasting several plump, green peppers!  I picked one and ate it on the spot. ¡Estuvó muy muy picante!  But not so bad that I needed a glass of milk.
     To get to the point... I grow Jalapeños.  I grew them in my garden, and when the first frost came, I transplanted them into a large pot, and put them by my window in my room. They have been growing fine ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment