Friday, November 19, 2010

My Bhut Jolokia Death Sauce


     Over the summer, I worked very hard to create a base for a hot sauce.  By base I mean a not very spicy, sauce that would give the hot sauce it's flavor.  I built a fermentation chamber out of a straw, a paper towel, some electric tape, and a mason jar.  I then slaved away at the food processor until I had the perfect sauce.  Mildly spice already, with a hefty cumin taste and a striking smokiness.



I ordered my Bhut Jolokia peppers, which by the way, are the hottest pepper in the world.  A Habeñero pepper runs anywhere between 100,000 and 350,000 scoville units.  Bhut Jolokia peppers average 1,000,000 scoville units.  So you get a basic understanding of how hot they are.

My hot sauce is insane! I finally got the peppers (after having to re-order them) almost a month and a half after ordering them.  People who have put about half a drop of it on the tip of a tooth pick, rolled it on their tongue, and preceded to almost hyperventilate and cry.  So it is not to be messed with.

I used an empty Frank's bottle for my sauce.  This is one of the big bottles though, my hand can barely wrap around the base of the bottle.

Anyone who wants some can shoot me an email at   liammyster1@gmail.com  
I can put it into little glass bottles and such

2 comments:

  1. You remember how I said when I tried it the first time it wasn't too hot? I tried it again and it pretty much almost killed me.I guess the second time I had more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was just the pepper paste. The real sauce will actually kill you. I thought i was gunna choke to death or something when i tried it the first time.

    ReplyDelete