Monday, October 25, 2010

New Slide Gloves!!

     This weekend I went to Elsworth and bought a pair of fireman type heavy duty gloves, glue gun sticks, and  a plastic cutting board that could break a cinderblock.  When I got home, I drew out a pattern on the cutting board of the pucks I would put on the gloves.  Today, I brought the cutting board into school, brought it down to Mr. Deans's classroom, and used his band saw, and belt sander to cut and shape the pucks to perfection.  When I got home, I borrowed my neighbor's heat gun and melted hot glue into the plastic of the pucks, then stuck the pucks on the gloves.  Now I have new slide gloves!!!!

     For those of you who don't know, Slide gloves are a longboarding accessory.  They allow you to place your hands on the pavement while moving fast.  They help you gain balance, slow you down, and allow you to put weight on the pavement and off the board.  The key use of slide gloves is to allow you to lessen the weight on the board just enough that by moving your feet, you can slide the wheels against the grain across the pavement.  This not only looks awesome if done correctly, but can also save your life if a truck is barreling down the road toward you and you need to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment